We have just returned from a really lovely trip with my friend Shelley who basically footed the bill for me and Evie. Shelley won an award given to the top 1% of her company, and she was invited to (and basically expected to attend) the award dinner in Boston, and was allowed to bring one person with her. After realizing it would be bad if she had to decide between her two parents, she asked me and I told her I would gladly go, but I was a bit reluctant to be away from Evie, and Shelley said, "Bring her!" The dinner was in Boston, which was a trip I had actually planned for last October but had to cancel because of the divorce expenses, so of course I jumped at the chance. We packed a lot into 5 days!
We left on Saturday, May 24 and flew nonstop from Memphis to Boston, arriving a little before noon hitting state #43 for Evie upon entering Massachusetts. We checked our bags at the hotel (because after having them stolen from Ryan's car in London in December, I don't think Evie will ever leave her bag in a car again), and headed to lunch at Shake Shack and then the science museum. Evie has a new goal of hitting up a science museum in every state, though I told her she'd have to work on that with her kids 'cause I'm already getting her to every state, but too late to go back for science museums now.
It was a busy, super fun trip. I love having friends who enjoy my kid and want to provide her with experiences and support. Shelley is so great with Evie and Evie really enjoys talking with her.











.jpg)






.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment