We've had a pretty good couple of weeks since Evie's show at school wrapped. Evie is in the home stretch with school, studying for exams. We're planning a couple of small trips this summer, nothing in scale like the last few summers, and soon she will be spending the night with Seth as he now has a two-bedroom apartment. She doesn't talk to me a lot about what her visits with him are like or what his apartment is like, and I respect that and don't pry. I'm sure there's part of her that struggles with having two worlds and separate parent relationships, and she has a couple of licensed and trained professionals who are there to help her with that, so I don't ever push her to talk to me about anything. I offer and I inquire, but if all I get is, "Things are going fine," then that's good enough for me. I just want her to feel safe and fully supports and get everything she needs in my home and in her Dad's home and so long as that is happening, that is all I care about and all I need to know.
We snuck in some fun this past weekend seeing Rumors at the local community theatre. They have become a much better theatre than they were when I interned/worked there 25 years ago, and this production was great.



No comments:
Post a Comment