Thursday, April 10, 2025

Evie at Home

I don't have much to report on Evie this week because have been in California with Matt, Shelley, and Olivia, helping Matt's mom get her house ready to sell.  Matt moved to Memphis in 2022 after his grandmother died and his mom has been working on the house since then to get 50 years of stuff packed, donated, or trashed.  So when we heard that she was on a bit of a time crunch to sell before August of this year, Shelley suggested that we go out there and be the extra bit of muscle needed to finish the job.

While I'm out here, Granna is staying with Evie in our house and making sure she gets to school.  Evie so prefers to stay at our house now if I'm out of town, which I think is interesting considering that in times past she's been a little afraid to stay there because of being broken into twice.

Of course I call her every night and check in to see how she's doing.  She's in good spirits, practicing for her show.  I don't think I've mentioned that she got a part upgrade.  The person who was cast as Mike, the fiance of one of the main characters, decided to drop out.  Evie had previously asked if she could be the understudy for Mike, not suspecting that she would actually have an opportunity to take on the role.  So she now has a much larger speaking role and a singing part as well!  She's quite excited about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment