Happy Easter to those who celebrate! Evie had Good Friday and Easter Monday off this year at her new school so she had a nice long weekend. We dyed eggs on Friday - I keep waiting for the year that she tells me she doesn't want to do that anymore, but fortunately that hasn't happened yet.
Easter morning we did our usual Easter basket exchange but with an extra something fun this year. I have always done the Easter basket (and Christmas stocking) shopping, but this year Evie asked Matt if he would take her shopping for my basket so I would have some surprises. I thought that was the sweetest thing, and she and Matt both slipped some surprise goodies in for me. We had a fun time with that on Easter morning.
Evie is getting ready for her
Freaky Friday show at her school next week, so this has been a busy week for rehearsals. She is mostly staying on top of her school work, and she is making connections with other girls at school who are the "theatre kids". Mostly they are in 6th and 8th grade, unfortunately, and not her grade, but at least there are girls there who are part of her tribe, so to speak.
No comments:
Post a Comment