After the longest New Years Eve ever, Evie and I settled into January and a new year. I started noticing Evie feeling more settled, which was honestly the opposite of what I had expected after our bags getting stolen. She said at first she felt concerned about her reaction to it because she felt numb and thought, of course this would happen. Then she realized she's just getting better able to handle unexpected crime. I'm sad that we live in a world where a 12-year-old kid is already so jaded, but there we are...
She was very happy to be reunited with Cotto.
Her first week back to school ended with a nice surprise of a snow day. We got a lot of snow (for the south at least) and she and I had a great time with a snowball fight, making snow cream, snow angels, and snowmen, and staying inside and watching the flakes fall.
Evie started rehearsals for her next show, Children of Eden. That means karate is on reduced schedule for a little while while she goes to rehearsal, but I love when she's in a show because she just seems happier. There's something about being a part of a show family that's good for you.





No comments:
Post a Comment