I am sorry to all the formerly-regular readers of this blog. I'm sorry for dropping off without warning and without explanation. I think most (hopefully all) know that Seth and I are getting divorced, and the final hearing is tomorrow. This is the first time I have felt that I could update this blog without potential legal consequences as we navigated, separately, these unchartered waters.
The URL for this blog is Mayne, Party of 3. I've thought a lot about what to do about that. Should I move the content to a different URL? We are no longer a party of 3. However, for the sake of preservation, I've decided to keep this blog at its current location rather than splitting Evie's childhood up any further than is already happening.
Obviously, this is not at all what I envisioned. Not for any of us. I did not enter this decision lightly or without having given the marriage my everything and my all. However, I have learned since we separated in June 2024 that I am a better mother and a better person overall in this new era of my life, and Evie deserves, and is thriving in, a peaceful home.
I won't be getting into any specifics, I won't be dishing out any dirt here on what happened or why this was the only course of action left. This blog will remain for its intended purpose of documenting Evie's childhood. I have a lot of backlog to catch up on.
I feel quite guilty for not having continued on a weekly basis, but I do have lots of notes that I will organize into a few big posts, and I'll aim to pick back up with weekly updates as my soon-to-be-teenager inches closer and closer to leaving my nest.
I’ve missed these so much! Thanks for posting updates about my fav cool kid 🩷 -Jill
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you caught up with Evie's journey on this blog. I stopped checking for too long and missed this update until today when I clicked on my shortcut by accident. Of course, I have been happy to be part of the journey detailed here, part of the village for Evie and you. Watching her adjust to so many new things has made me admire her spirit and her stamina, and I am proud of both of "our girls" as Grannadaddy and I refer to you two lovely souls. Love you both - Granna
ReplyDelete