Wednesday, March 27, 2024

End of an Era: Palm Sunday

 Oh goodness...  My baby keeps growing and leaving the stuff of childhood behind.  She actually told me that she really doesn't want to grow up, and sometimes she even cries about it, but then she has days like this past Sunday where she told me she wasn't sure she should to the palm processing with the kids at church because she thought she was too old.  I've been asking her to please keep going down for children's time until she turns 12 (which will be soon enough!) so I asked her to also do the processional this last year.  I cried for a good 10 minutes, because that's how I am...

But, I also enjoyed watching her transition into a more grown-up Palm Sunday observance as she took the lines for Peter in the Passion narrative that we read at the end of the service.  And I thought she read well.  I told her that I understood she was aging out of things, but that I was glad she was also aging into things.

Here's a look back at previous Palm Sundays.

And some pictures that came up on my TimeHop that I felt were nice to compare.




No comments:

Post a Comment