We're finally on Christmas break!!! This week has been so busy with Evie's first production at school ("A Christmas Carol with Apologies to Dickens"), and all the end of year festivities. We've also been having some trouble with one of Evie's teachers and Seth and I had to have a parent/teacher conference with her to discuss our concerns. So this break couldn't be more welcome!
Last Friday she went to her first school dance, Sneaker Ball, where formal attire with sneakers was the theme (presumably to protect the gym floor). She was so proud of the outfit she put together, especially the scrunchie.
Before the dance, Evie went to Poppy's house with many of her other friends for a pre-dance mixer.
They got their picture taken at the dance as well.
Apparently the dance itself wasn't such a hit with the group. The music was too loud, there wasn't anything to eat, and no one wanted to actually dance. But I was proud of her for trying out the experience.
Saturday, Evie, Granna, and I went to see The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, a community theatre production of one of our favorite books to read. My mom read it to me when I was younger, and then I started reading it to Evie when she was old enough to listen to chapter books, so it was fun to share the play as a three-generation experience.











No comments:
Post a Comment