Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Preteen Changes

I'm realizing as Evie is getting older that I'm taking fewer and fewer pictures of her.  I wondered when she was an infant if I would keep the pace of taking pictures of her every single day, and now I know I can go a whole week without taking pictures of her.  Which is sad.  But also appropriate since she's a preteen and kinda "over" me anyway.

I mean, she's not really.  But she's definitely more sassy and independent (or thinks she is) and doesn't really want to hear my input as much.  I know this is a logical and natural step in our relationship.  But it makes me a little sad.  

However, there are times when she seeks me out and wants to hear what I have to say, and I'm always amazed that she still wants to hold my hand as I walk her to school.  Someday she'll be too embarrassed for that, but I'll continue to treasure it until she is.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment