Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Friends Movie Date

 I'm happy to report that school is still going well.  Evie got a little frustrated that the entire first week, they didn't dive into learning, other than in Mythology, because the teachers were going over the rules every single day.  I told her that was what they were instructed to do by the principal, because I know that to be a practice from the middle school I've been working at (which I am no longer doing - finally had to give up some work!), but now in the 2nd week of school, it's going better and she's excited about learning, but less excited about homework.

This weekend, I took Evie, Allyson, and Eden to see "The Haunted Mansion" movie, which is rated PG-13.  Evie's watched a few PG-13 movies now and on the whole I feel comfortable with her seeing them, but I wasn't sure if the parents of her friends out also be okay with it, but they all said yes.  It was a cute movie, pretty perfect for their age.  Just the right mix of scary (mostly jump scares, not so much ghoul-y) and humor to break it up.  It was fun to see their reactions as I know it was the first "scary" movie for Evie and seemed to be so for Eden and Allyson too.  They also all have the same teachers this year, and Evie and Allyson are in class together for half of the day, so it was fun to hear them talk about their school experiences.


Ready for the movie

Have to share this picture of Evie cuddling with the poodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment