This week we had a winter storm hit our area (seems to be happening every February now) and the schools were closed from Tuesday to Friday. Evie was thrilled (and honestly so was I - I got so much done for my businesses!). On the first day, she went right outside to play in it, though I didn't realize she had done so in her NIGHTGOWN!
I made her come in and drink something warm and put on warm clothes and gloves.
She had the best time out there with the dogs over the new few days. We had a little bit more accumulation on Wednesday, but we decided to go see Granna and Grannadaddy because the roads weren't that bad between our two houses.
Thursday and Friday, I honestly thought, were safe enough to drive in, but the schools are very cautious and remained closed. Every night, after they made the announcement that school would be closed the next day, I said to Evie, "Do you know what tomorrow is?" She would say, "A snow day?" with increasing disbelief as the week went on.
I'm glad to report that her wrist is getting better and better. We're now certain it was a sprain. She was able to take off the brace I'd given her by Thursday, though she did wear it Thursday night at tap class (yes, her studio had dance class but the schools were closed - go figure) and for ballet on Saturday, just as a precaution.
Saturday night, she spent the night with Granna and Grannadaddy, and then Sunday, she met up with her friend Eden at the park. Eden's mom and I took turns chaperoning. Eden is a newish friend. Though she's been in Evie's class since the beginning of school, it took them a little while to find friendship in each other. My theory on this is that Evie's friendships run really deep, and so she kinda "tried out" friendships with some of the other girls in her class first, but when she found they were a little more fair weather than she liked, she'd move on to the next girl. Though, she and Eden were already chummy by November's skate night, so this is a friendship that's been in the works for a little bit.
This is a big deal to me because Evie's been saying that she doesn't have friends in her class for a long time and now that she and Eden have become very close, I can tell she is much happier. Eden is also Presbyterian and the two of them will both be attending Pinecrest (a Presbyterian campground) the same week this summer, so I'm glad to see their friendship continue to evolve. Eden will also be going to the same middle school as Evie next year.





No comments:
Post a Comment