Monday, December 5, 2022

Nutcracker #6

 We've had an extremely busy week and I have to say I'm glad it's behind us, though this next week will be just as busy!  At least Nutcracker is in the books!  This is Evie's sixth performance in The Nutcracker and we are so proud of her!  They really stepped up the complexity of the dance for the girls this year - it's a big jump going from Level 2 to Level 3.  This year, she was a big party girl in the party scene and then had a quick change into being a soldier for the mice scene, so she was on stage for a good portion of Act I.  Then in Act II, she was in the Chinese dance which was adorable with their little umbrella choreography.  She had rehearsal on Tuesday and Wednesday and then we were downtown at the theatre on Friday (I chaperoned and was worn out by the end of the evening!) and all day on Saturday with the show on Sunday.

Party girls checking their props Friday night.  Evie is in the deep blue dress.

Getting notes from the Director

Snack time backstage with her friend Raya (don't tell that they ate carrots in costume!)

After rehearsal on Saturday night.  Look at this gorgeous girl!

Greeting her adoring fans after the performance on Sunday

Flowers from Daddy after every show

Kathy, Rickie, and Matt came as well so she had 7 people in the audience for her.  It was a very well attended show, I thought, and the company did a great job.  After her performance we tried to go to Huey's for dinner, but they had a 45 minute wait, so we ended up going to Sakura (to my surprise even Grannadaddy came and ate Japanese food).  I had ordered some ornaments for Evie has a special gift.  I found this lady on Etsy who makes ornaments with Nutcracker characters and handwrites the dancer's name and the year on the back, so I ordered her 3 characters from this year (I even found the right color blue for her dress!) and also characters from previous years so she has a whole set now to chronicle her performances.  I'm so proud of her for having the guts to dance on stage and having the talent and determination to keep up with the advancing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment