Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween

 Another fun Halloween has been had with my darling girl!  But to back up for a second, she is really coming along with dance.  I mean, she's always enjoyed dancing and moving to music, but she's really working on her flexibility.

Here she is on the first cool night of the year, in her leg warmers and ballet jacket, headed to class

She's done amazing work on her back flexibility

On Sunday, sweet Eve who was a church member for the last 5 years came back for a visit.  Her husband, Bob, sadly passed away a few months ago and she is moving.  Eve and Evie hit it off immediately when Evie, at 4 years old, walked up to them on the first Sunday they visited with us and introduced herself.  When they learned they had the same name, they shared an instant bond.  Now Evie is almost Eve's height and they wear the same shoe size!  

It was so sweet to see them together - we miss Eve!

Our church had our annual fall festival which Evie attended.  She found it a little underwhelming, I'm afraid.  Some of that childhood magic seems to be leaving and that's hard to watch as a mom.  But she did enjoy playing with her church friends.



Very in character as Wednesday Addams



And then of course tonight, we carved pumpkins and went trick-or-treating.  She seemed to really enjoy having a "normal" trick-or-treat night, without COVID concerns.

Wednesday Addams



She does seem to be more melancholy this year and it's hard to see her be unhappy.  I'm hoping it's a phase; she says she's been feeling sick this week, so maybe it's that.  Or maybe it's that she's getting to the age where she's transitioning from child to teen, and that's hard.  I just hope I can figure out how to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment