Monday, October 24, 2022

Beauty

We had a good success this past Monday with Evie's tap class situation.  I can't remember if I reported that the week before we went to Vegas, Evie told us that she wanted to stop going to tap because she felt like the teacher was not paying equal attention to her and because the other two girls in the class generally ignored her.  I sensed a theme (she's been feeling the same way in ballet class and at school), so we talked a bit about how when we find ourselves feeling a certain way in response to social interactions across all our environments, maybe it's more about how we are feeling personally than about how people are actually behaving towards us.  We also talked about how it would be a little unfair to her teacher if a student quit without having an opportunity to fix the situation.  So, after all that, we got in touch with the dance company to express our concerns and her teacher said how sorry she was.  Evie was all smiles when she got home from tap so we are very glad to have that resolved.

Evie is definitely changing from little girl to little woman.  I get caught by her beauty all the time.

Look at her gorgeous eyes!

And her gorgeous smile!

Last Friday I threw my back out again and had a difficult time recovering from it.  In the last several weeks, my habit has been to walk one of the dogs to school to pick Evie up at the end of the day, but I haven't been able to do that this week so I've been getting her in the car.  Well, Thursday, I was finally feeling well enough to walk and as she came over the hill, she saw me walking up to her and the smile that came over her face was so precious!  She started excitedly running to me (it reminded me of when I used to pick her up from 1st grade) and said, "It's so good to see you walking!"  It was really, really sweet to have her so excited for me that I was feeling better.  I don't think most 10-year-olds would have the empathy to recognize how excited I was to be that much better.


Walking home from school

No comments:

Post a Comment