Sunday, October 31, 2021

Halloween

 Halloween has been had and has been successful.  We carved pumpkins a few nights ago, and I was  impressed with Evie's independence.  She cut the top off herself and scooped the seeds out almost all by herself.  She cut the pumpkin by herself in her own design, dog inspired.



Scooping out innards

My brother said this looks like Evie's Inigo Montoya moment

My pumpkin on the left, Seth's in the middle, Evie's "dog" on the right

Yesterday,  we had a little church trunk or treat - not a big one - just our congregation.  We had cars with candy in their trunks and games to play.

Evie tossing pumpkins to a church member


Pumpkin tic tac toe

Trunk or treating

Tonight, we headed out for trick or treating about 15 minutes before sunset.  We did an Egyptian theme this year at Evie's request.  She was Cleopatra, I was her Mummy, and Seth was the god Set.  



She let me put some eye makeup on her




Approaching houses for treats

I forgot last week to share some language funnies.  Evie and I were at Zoo Boo and we were in line to get some candy, we thought.  Evie wasn't certain we were in the right line so I told her to go up ahead and look.  Somehow she thought I meant I was going to go with her and she turned around looking for me.  When she didn't see me, she scanned the line and finally spotted me.  She ran back and said, "Don't run off on me like that!"

I also wanted to mention how much I love her vocabulary.  She told me when we were discussing the Zoo Boo candy lines that were also offering slap bracelets, "I didn't decline any slap bracelets."  Decline - not say no, but decline.  She also made a cute word choice today talking about how the toy cats on the playground at church were "discarded" - not thrown away, but discarded.  Cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment