Sunday, October 24, 2021

Friends as Sisters

Last Saturday the 16th after I made my last update, we had a night out with friends at Zoo Boo.  Evie and I joined Sasha and her parents plus McKinley and her mom for trick or treating at the zoo.  Seth stayed home with Beau.

Evie donned her Cleopatra costume and I was concerned she was going to be cold but that never stopped her the whole night.  Our zoo is Egyptian themed so Evie fit right in.



These are folks from the zoo dressed up as Ra and Isis (I think? - Evie could tell you for certain).  They waved us over to insist we get a picture with them.

Inside the gates

McKinley in the back left, Evie and Sasha in front.  It's hard to believe Evie and Sasha have been friends for almost two-thirds of their lives!  We first went to Zoo Boo together when the girls were 4 and 5 years old.

Evie, Sasha, and McKinley are all only children so when we get together they get to finally visit friends.  With them being 8, 9, and nearly 10 years old, we decided to let them have a little freedom.  We let them go ahead of us in the zoo, with a safe distance, and they rode the train by themselves.  It reminded me of when I was Evie's age and my parents would let me bring a friend to Libertyland when they had faculty and staff night for the university where my mom worked.  I remember waiting in line with just whichever friend I brought with me, my parents off wherever they were (of course I realize now they were always watching us, but at the time I didn't really realize that) and how much autonomy I felt I had.  We parents at Zoo Boo talked about how we were so glad to give the girls that opportunity because none of them have older siblings to take them on little adventures without mom and dad and it's good for them to get to feel some independence.

Riding the train

Sasha tired out at about 8:30 and since McKinley and her mom had ridden with Sasha's parents, everyone else left and Evie and I stayed almost until the event closed.  Evie rode a camel by herself, which she said was very appropriate for Cleopatra.



Monday we took Beau back for his first check and he got a good report.  Evie snuggled with him when she got home from ballet and theatre rehearsal.


Evie's extracurricular schedule keeps growing.  She is in the middle of a 7 week course for the production of 101 Dalmatians, in which she is playing Nanny and will play another type of dog in the Twilight Bark though we haven't learned which one yet.  So Mondays she has an hour of ballet as an Upper Level 2 and then an hour of rehearsal for theatre.  Tuesdays she has 2 hours of ballet.  Wednesdays she has 2 hours of theatre.  And this Saturday we started going back to gymnastics because Evie really wanted to go again, but to a more relaxed gym than the one we last tried.  So we've added gymnastics to our weekly routine now.

Yesterday after gymnastics, we picked up Sasha for an afternoon/evening.  Evie hasn't had a friend over to our house in I-don't-know-when.  We went to lunch and then to a movie, then to our house to play.  The girls had a great time pretending to be sisters for the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment