Dear Evie,
This may be more information than you would want to know (certainly you will think so as a teenager), but maybe as you grow up and start a family of your own, you will understand the importance of today. I have told you since you were little that Daddy and I wanted to have a child and that it was hard for us to do so without help from doctors. It was 10 years ago today that we had a procedure that resulted in the creation of you.
I cannot believe it's been 10 years since that day. I remember that I had told some family members that we were going to have an appointment that day, but after 13 months of no success, I didn't have my hopes up. It felt like another false hope, another hurdle to jump through on the way to being told we'd either have to go to IVF which was too expensive or look for other non-biological ways to become parents. I know that the people I told were praying for it to work and I am so very, very glad it did, because you are the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. You are the joy of my life. You are the child I dreamed of, but even better than I could have imagined.
If all those months of no successes meant that YOU were the one I got to be Mama to, then I am grateful for every tear I shed, every sob, every moment of disappointment, because being Mama to YOU is the most profound honor and blessing.
Happy creation day, my beautiful, intelligent, witty, kind, tender-hearted darling. God wrapped up everything special into one package on that day, and the world is better for your being in it.
Love,
Mama
Oh, how I prayed for your Mama and for whoever you turned out to be! I am so thankful that the prayers were answered with you, such a joy and amazing child!
ReplyDeleteLove you always,
Granna