I forgot to mention in last week's post this funny exchange:
Seth: Evie, are you gonna be okay?
Evie (still upset about something): Yes!
Seth: Are you sure?
Evie: What, you didn't trust my answer the first time?
Seth (looking at me): Well I guess we know who she's been listening to...
I was pretty amused....
This week, Seth and I took Tuesday off since Evie had the day off from school. We avoided being election junkies and went to Putt Putt instead. There was no one else inside playing the arcade games so we agreed to take advantage of that (I usually despise arcades). We all had a pretty good time and competed in some car racing games. Evie was also impressing us with her motorcycle racing skills. We played a course and a half of mini golf and then headed home.
Speaking of the election, I think it's no surprise to anyone that we're voting for Biden. I took Evie with me last week to pick up some baked goods from a friend's house and she noticed that my friend's neighbor had a Biden sign and asked if my friend would also be voting for Biden. I said, Yes, definitely, because my friend is gay. She asked what gay meant and it occurred to me that I've never used that word with her, even though we've talked about the concept. I told her that it was within her lifetime that gay people were allowed to get married and she said, "What? Why weren't they allowed to before?!" I think this goes to show that lack of acceptance is a taught concept, and it's not one we teach. I remember hearing people being worried that they would have to explain what homosexual love means to their kids. I'm proud that my kid doesn't need an explanation for why two people who love each other should be able to get married; in fact, she needs an explanation for why they WOULDN'T be able to.
In other news.... Evie lost another tooth this week. This makes tooth #11!





No comments:
Post a Comment