Another week of quarantining as much as possible. We had my parents over for lunch out on our deck as is our Sunday custom, and we celebrated Father's Day together.
We have been eating most of our meals outdoors which can be a challenge if you're an 8-year-old who has a fear of bugs, especially bees and wasps. However, Evie has been trying to overcome this fear and created her own "restaurant". I make our lunch and leave the plates/bowls on the kitchen counter and Seth and I go outside and sit down. Then Evie comes out and takes our drink order and then our food order and delivers us the plates that I made for lunch. She calls her restaurant "Happy Dishes".
I feel for her, not being able to play with friends or have "normal" days. She is amazing at adjusting, though, and finds ways to amuse herself. She's taken to playing with her stuffed animals more and finding some creative amusements around the house. We probably let her play too many video games, but life's not normal these days so I feel like she deserves a little leniency.
I still sneak into her room to kiss her good night each evening on my way to bed, and it is one of the moments that touches my heart every single day. She is so sweet.

No comments:
Post a Comment