We continue to find some things to do to work on other skills and to try to get out of the house. Evie and I have a little herb garden growing, we are reading the 4th Harry Potter book now, and doing some bird watching. We have also been going about once a month to a drive through park where Evie enjoys feeding the animals - or sometimes saying that she's going to feed them and then making us feed them for her.
But then she comes home and snuggles with her own animals.
We went on Thursday for a socially distant swim at Sasha's house, and went back again today. Evie, in the span of a total of 4 hours of swimming, got nice and brown. I, of course, got red....
I think the whole world is watching 2020 in a combination of confusion, disbelief, and dismay. Evie has heard in an age-appropriate manner all about the pandemic, about the state of politics, about the social justice issues and police behavior with George Floyd... Yesterday, I was teaching her about Juneteenth, how the slaves in Galveston, TX were held in slavery for 2 years after they should have been freed. She said to me, "Mama... it feels like every week, here comes another thing I don't understand." It's hard to wrap your head around the state of the world right now....

No comments:
Post a Comment