We went back to school and our normal routine this week. Normal for us is that my parents' pick Evie up at least 2 days a week while I see patients, and we always eat dinner together on Tuesday nights. Then on Wednesdays and Thursdays, Evie has theatre and on Fridays she goes to Mustard Seed at church. Saturdays we have ballet and Sundays back to church. So this week was a pretty typical one.
I had kicked around the idea of getting some pumpkins for us to carve this week and Evie, with her amazing memory, recalled that I always toast our pumpkin seeds after we scoop them out. She said, "Good! And are you gonna make burned seeds?"
Every night, I still sneak into Evie's room after she has fallen asleep and give her kisses. I am amazed this does not seem to wake her up and I am not looking forward to the day when she becomes a light enough sleeper that it does rouse her. How could you help wanting to take a look at this precious face before you go to bed?

No comments:
Post a Comment