I gotta tell you guys, this kid is absolutely astounding. We joined some friends for a corn maze last Saturday and I learned Evie's philosophy of life when I asked her if she wanted to look behind her to see if she was going the right way. She said, "I never look back. It takes too much time when you could be going forward."
She also totally got to me when she told me on Sunday morning, just out of the blue, "I'm glad God made me your daughter." She is so very sweet.
I got to accompany her on her field trip to the zoo with her CLUE class. She ended up being in a group of all boys and she actually loved it because she would tell them what to do and they would listen. I was amazed how well they put up with it.
Evie and Allyson became best friends last year in Mrs. Gray's first grade class and even though they are not in the same class anymore, they have been playing together outside after school for as many days as possible. I love that Evie has developed such a good friendship with Allyson because she's a really nice kid.
Today we started Fall Break and the first thing we both did was fall asleep on the couch.






No comments:
Post a Comment