Friday, September 6, 2019

Why are you snuffling?

Tiger football season has started and Evie is making the best of it.  She does enjoy certain aspects of going to the games, but I know it's now how she'd choose to spend several hours of her Saturday.  Granna always brings fun things for her to do (because she's magic) and so Evie spent some of Saturday's game playing with the tiger and cheetah families and stealing Granna's hat.





Sunday was the last day before Labor Day, so Evie and I had to sneak in our last chance to wear our white cherry dresses.


Labor Day, Evie declared that it was going to be game day and she really wanted to learn how to play "Shadows Over Camelot".  She caught on surprisingly quickly.  We also played some video games and went out to lunch and just enjoyed a nice family day together.


Monday night, she just had a moment where she was looking at me so intently that I understood what my grandmother was saying about Evie being able to look into your soul.  She has this ability to make eye contact with you and hold it, but it's never awkward, and she just looks at you with so much affection and so deeply that you think she might be able to see down to your depths.  After a minute or so, Evie said, "I love you, Mama," and so of course, I started to cry.  She said, "Why are you snuffling?" which is the most adorable way to ask such a question.  This girl.... She is truly something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment