The big news of this week was on Saturday when Evie learned that her wish would be coming true: for this year's production of The Nutcracker, she will be a party girl. She was over the moon to get to wear that red dress she's been eyeing the last two years.
She and the other girls in her group were equally excited.
Sunday when we got home from church, Evie was humming "Praise Him, Praise Him" while she was helping me in the kitchen and it reminded me of my mom's mom, Memmaw, who would always go around humming or singing some little hymn or other. It was really sweet.
I had to travel out of town for work this week and was highly annoyed at having to be away from my little girl. She got a little teary the night before I left and told me she was going to miss me, but I told her it was just for 36 hours. It actually ended up being more than that because my flights home got messed up, but it all worked out and I was so glad to see her this morning.



No comments:
Post a Comment