Saturday, we had a family day. We did our shopping and had lunch at a Japanese restaurant. We told Evie she would have to get used to using chopsticks because it is going to be hard for us to find forks in Tokyo (I don't know if I've mentioned that we're going to Tokyo to celebrate Seth's birthday). But it turns out Evie is already a pro!
Sunday after church, we went with Granna, Kathy, and Grandma Jeanne to lunch and Evie was in the mood to arm wrestle. She beat everyone, of course.
Monday, Granna picked her up from school since Granna has now retired! When Evie got home, I asked her about this bruise on her chin. She apparently acquired it Sunday in the nursery. I asked her how and she said, "Mama, I don't want to talk about such a painful subject."
She has also been helping Seth and me decide on a code for our new alarm system. We said maybe we should choose something that would spell a word if there are letters written on the numbers of the keypad. She said, "I know what it should be! 'Crime'!" Pretty clever.
Speaking of her being clever, we are not surprised but are super proud that she got into the gifted program, CLUE, at her school. In order to qualify, you have to be reading 2 grade levels above. When Evie started first grade at this new school (coming from a Montessori program that was less focused on academics than the public school and more focused on social concepts and responsibilities - which I approve of for kids of such a young age), she was reading on the level of a first grader in the 6th month of school. Now, she reads at the level of a third grader in the 9th month of school (i.e., she's basically reading like a 4th grader). So we went to Evie's favorite restaurant to celebrate her success.



No comments:
Post a Comment