We hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day. We didn't do anything special, other than Evie having a bunch of candy to eat from the valentines she got at school.
We were asking her where we should go for dinner one night this week and she said, "Huey's!" which is her favorite restaurant and we eat there at least once a week. Seth and I were jokingly giving her a hard time about choosing Huey's every time. She said, "Look, I said Huey's! Don't get me exaggerated!"
My dad was out of town this past week and so we had a supply pastor who was preaching on Sunday. This minister comes to our church as a regular attendee when neither he nor his wife (who is also a minister) are preaching elsewhere, so they know our church and our family well. During the children's time on Sunday, the minster called for the children to come down and the exchange between him and Evie (who was one of two children there) went something like this:
Don: Have you ever thought about who all is in your family? Who do you live with at home?
Evie: My mom, my dad, and my God.
Don: Your mom, your dad, and your God. Wow. (I think she threw him for a loop on that one) And you have other people in your family here too, right, you have your grandmother and your aunts and uncles. If you look out in the congregation, who do you see?
Evie: People.
Don: Yes, who are they, do you ever think of them as relatives?
Evie: Yes! Because we're all a family.
Don: You're all a family, yes. Would you like to preach the sermon?
She is an old soul, my sweet daughter.
She's also funny because one night before she got a bath, she was looking at herself in the full-length mirror and she said, "I wish I could keep myself looking young."
No comments:
Post a Comment