- I asked my mom to write down for me the story of Evie in Children's Church a few weeks ago that makes me so happy because I love to hear her self-confidence. She said: Our lesson was about the last 6 of the Ten Commandments. When we came to the one that said, “Thou shalt not bear false witness,” I told Evie that this one means that we should tell the truth and not say something that is not true about someone else. I asked if she knew what that meant, and she replied something like, “That means if someone says I am not beautiful, I will know that is not the truth because many people have told me that I am beautiful, and I believe them instead of the person that says I am not.”
- Evie told my Dad about our dog Herbie, "Herbie has four things wrong with him. He has heart worms, he's diabetic, he's blind, and he has diabetes."
- Evie told me she wished I would stop coloring my hair red and let it be brown again like hers, because, "we're identical, and we used to be hair-dentical."
- I asked Evie how she wanted her hair done to wear her Dorothy costume and she said, "in pink tails."
- Evie's been trying to master humor lately by inventing her own jokes. Passing a "ROAD CLOSED" sign, Evie asks me, "What did the road say?" I didn't know. She said, "I'm closed!"
This week, we continued our Halloween festivities by going with Evie's friend Sasha to the Children's Museum where they saw a magic show and did some trick-or-treating.
Then we went to Zoo Boo. This will probably be our last year for Zoo Boo since it's geared for younger kids, but it was fun to continue the tradition.
Evie went as Elsa. It was a little chilly and I asked her if she wanted a jacket and she shook her head no and sang at me, "The cold never bothered me anyway."
We went to get dinner later that evening and Seth and I were still so tired from jet lag, jumping back into work, and getting things done around the house. Evie took this picture of us.
Every Sunday, Evie goes with the other kids down to the front of the church for time with the pastor, her grandfather. Every Sunday, I get just a little weepy seeing them holding hands and praying together. I have never regretted our move back to Memphis because of moments like this.








No comments:
Post a Comment