Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year, Same Sweet Kid

Happy New Year to anyone who is still reading.  Our New Year was rung in with my friends from high school, as per custom since 2000.  We hosted it at our house this year which was a lot of fun, and Evie spent the night with Granna and Grannadaddy.

Earlier in the week, Ryan, Aimee, and Addie left to go back home, but Will got to stay for a few days, so Evie was thrilled to get to have her cousin all to herself.  She and Will did something together every day.  One day, I took off of work and Seth and I took Will and Evie to the Children's Museum where we also met up with Evie's "fiance" Desmond.  Those two are still mad about each other.  Will said he approves.  After the museum, we parted company with Desmond and went to lunch and then to see Ferdinand.  They had a great time.  We also had Will spend the night one night and they enjoyed sharing the mat on Evie's floor.

Evie and Will

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen Evie's facial expression here on Seth's face.

Cousin slumber party

Evie is under the car, fixing it, and asking Desmond and Will to give her the tools she needs.  It was a riot.

Another exciting development this week was that Evie lost yet another bottom tooth.  That's 4 teeth now, and the top ones are wiggly too!  

Wearing the pajamas Grammy made her, showing off her missing tooth.

And here she is singing the "Happy Tooth Day" song.


I have to share this language funny: Seth and I were about to do some kind of activity that Evie wanted to do, and Evie says, "I'm going to construct you." (She meant "instruct".)  Adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment