Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Baby Lydia

After I finished my last blog post, we got to play host to Nathaniel for a couple of days.  Nathaniel is my friend Cristal's son.  He's 2 years and 2 months younger than Evie, so Seth and I got to try out how it feels to be parents to 2 children for a couple of nights while Cristal and her husband Matthew actually become parents to 2 children.  Their daughter Lydia was born on Wednesday night.

Evie and Nathaniel enjoyed handing out and eating dinner together, playing together, and they had a slumber party!


I think Evie's a bed hog.

It was the first time Nathaniel has spent the night with us and he did amazingly well.  Evie, actually, was the one who had a harder time with it because it was difficult for her to share toys and attention when she's not used to having to do that.  But I think for as young as they are to have a slumber party, they did an amazing job.

Evie also lost a tooth this week.  This thing has been hanging on far too long.  I've been telling her for weeks I thought it was about to come out, but it was a stubborn one.  

Have to share this language funny:

Seth: Em, did I tell you I met the CFO yesterday?
Evie: What's CFO?Seth: that's Chief Financial Officer.Evie: Oh. What's EIO?Seth: That's part of Old McDonald....

And I found this funny: We were watching Wreck it Ralph in which one of the characters is voiced by Alan Tudyk who also does the voice of the chicken in Moana.  Seth said to Evie, "Hey, the guy who plays King Candy also played HeiHei in Moana."  Evie said, "Huh.... How'd he get so small?"  I guess she's thinking these are real actors playing these animated characters.  I thought that was amusing.

Also, you would think I'd have grown used to this by now, but I was astounded when I asked Evie what she wanted for breakfast Saturday and she said, "sweet toast".  I said, "What kind of toast?"  She said, "You know, the sweet toast we had at Washington?"  She was referring to French toast, which she tried for the first time ever when we were in Washington for Aunt Jill's wedding - EIGHT MONTHS AGO!

No comments:

Post a Comment