Monday, May 22, 2017

Toothless

I feel like I have failed in capturing memories of Evie this week as I've been recovering from my back injury.  I threw out my back last Sunday and am only just now starting to feel like myself again.  Evie and I made it through the weekend where Seth is working at bedtime.  I had to short change her on reading books a couple nights, because it's just been terribly painful to lie down or sit in certain positions.  But she's been very patient and understanding through it all.  I miss picking her up though....

The big news is that Evie lost another tooth.  Thursday evening, she had gotten it to the point where it was hanging on by a thread, so Seth pulled it for her.  I did manage to play tooth fairy, even with my back being out of whack, and Evie was thrilled to see her gold dollar the next morning.


Evie and I were chatting this evening about this and that, and one thing that she popped up with was why God doesn't always give you what you pray for.  I tried to explain to her that God has his own plans and his own timing, and he probably has a good reason for not answering our prayers the way we might wish he would.  I gave her the example of how Seth and I wanted to have a baby long before we had her, and how I prayed and prayed to God that he would give me one.  I told her, he didn't give me one even though I asked over and over, not until he gave me her.  I told her that she is a better baby than I could have dreamed of or prayed for, and that I think he was trying to teach me patience.  Evie said, "You know why he took a really long time to give you a baby?  Because he was making me."  I think she's spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment