Last Saturday, all three of us went to the zoo and saw the new hippo exhibit. The Memphis Zoo is top-notch and this new exhibit did not disappoint. We got to watch the hippos from above and below water. Evie quickly got chummy with a little girl about a year younger than her and the two of them took turns pulling each other from one exhibit to another, holding hands on the way. You'd think they'd been friends for a while, but they just met. I love that quality of hers to strike up a conversation with anyone and everyone. It reminds me so much of my grandfather, Mouse.
Sunday Evie got to sit with Granna during church again after a 3 week hiatus while we were traveling. I love the relationship they have. It's very sweet.
Sunday night we went to the graduation celebration for my cousin, JT. My uncle Tim remarked how impressed he was that Evie just went right up to him, Ginger, and JT and gave each of them a hug, even though we haven't seen them since Christmas, which is a very long time for an almost-4-year-old.
First cousins, once removed.
Seth and Evie spent a day playing in the backyard with the new pool we got. Evie had such a great time splashing, and Seth enjoyed reading next to her. This picture just screams summertime to me.
Another summertime past time of mine is going to TCBY, so after Evie and I ran errands one day, we stopped for ice cream. I think she's a fan too.
And then she showed off with some gymnastics.
Yesterday we went to the Children's Museum and played at the splash park. Evie enjoyed soaking the other kids and getting soaked herself.
I have to brag on her insight. We were sitting on the couch when out of the blue, she asks about the movie Tangled, "How Rapunzel and Mama Gothel got back in the tower?" She's referring to the scene where Rapunzel and Mother Gothel have come back from the town and returned to inside the tower, which Mother Gothel usually accesses through Rapunzel's hair, and Rapunzel escaped using her own hair. I thought this was pretty observant of Evie to question how they would have gotten back up. (There's a scene where Mother Gothel reveals a staircase accessible by ripping out some bricks from the side of the tower, in case you're wondering.)
I was amused when I asked Evie if she would close the door behind her, and she asked, "The seven doors?" as in, the seven dwarves. I'm not sure if she thinks it's "Snow White and the seven doors" or if she was making a play on words.
I mentioned earlier how much I love the relationship that Evie has with my mom. I am glad that Evie recognizes how special her grandparents are. She said to me on Tuesday when I told her we were going to their house for dinner, "Oh! I love Granna and Grannadaddy." I said, "Me too!" She said, "I love your mom and dad." I said, "Me too."
We are certainly lucky to have such wonderful parents/grandparents, and I am so, so, so glad we moved back here 2 years ago so that we can see them so often.







No comments:
Post a Comment