One day when we were on the way to school, we saw a woman out jogging in the neighborhood. She didn't have a stroller or a dog, just going out for a run. Evie said, "Mama, who is chasing that lady?" I was confused and said, "I don't think anyone's chasing her, baby." Evie said, "Then why her running?" I have often wondered myself why people go running for a hobby...
Yesterday, I took Evie to the Children's Museum and she had a blast. She is now tall enough to go in the skyscraper which is a series of platforms enclosed in very thick and sturdy grid wire with one or two holes through which the kids can climb up and down. It goes about 15 feet up in the air, but it feels like a lot more to me because just the thought makes me claustrophobic. It's been there since I was a kid and I remember one time feeling like I'd gotten stuck in it. But I try not to discourage Evie from doing things that are daring but safe, so up she went.
She's very strong - her upper body strength is amazing! - and so she had no problem getting herself through the maze.
She also enjoyed playing in their life size airplane cockpit and milking the cow. It really is a great museum.
A couple of language things. She was watching Aladdin at my parents' house and I just have to record for posterity the way she says "magic carpet": mæʒɪ t͡arpɪt (mazhih tarpit for those who don't read IPA).
And last night I called out to her from the study, "Evie, are you putting your shoes away?" She calls back, "Indeed!"



No comments:
Post a Comment