This past week was a bit of a blur for me. I honestly don't know where it went or what happened. I am back full swing into school and clinic (which is wonderful!) and work (which pays the bills!), so I find it hard to keep up with the activities we have going on. I do know that I made Evie's lunch and took her to school every day last week and that Evie is really enjoying her new daycare. They have lots of activities during the week like bounce houses and water play. We enrolled Evie in soccer which happens on Thursday mornings. Thursdays are quite the day for Evie because it's the daycare water play day, plus she has soccer, and then she leaves school early for ballet. We didn't know it was all going to work out like that or we might not have enrolled her for soccer, but she seems to really enjoy it. She is so worn out on Thursday nights now that it's hard to get her to stay awake after 7:30 when her bedtime usually trends more toward 8:30 or 9pm.
Two little gems from this week that I actually remembered to write down:
When giving her a bath, Evie sometimes uses a blue bath crayon to color. She colored a big ring around the tub and then asked for the wash cloth so she could erase it. She said, "I wanna turn the blue off, Mama."
On Wednesdays we go over to my parents' house for dinner. This time it was just me, Evie, and Granna since Seth wasn't feeling well and Grannadaddy was at a meeting at church. I usually leave at 6:30 to go to choir and Granna watches Evie until I get back. At 6:00 after we had been there half an hour, Evie says, "Mama, I want a kiss." I give her one. I say, "What did you want a kiss for?" She says, "Mama, I want you to go to church." Apparently she was ready for some one-on-one Granna time. She was already getting plenty of Granna time since she asked Granna to read to her:
Evie spent the night of my birthday at Granna's house and Granna found my old My Little Ponies in the attic. I almost canceled my birthday plans to hang out and play ponies with Evie. I loved those things!
We are enjoying the summer heat by cooling off in a pool that one of my friends gave us. Evie has really enjoyed getting in the water and she loves playing with her water/sand table too.
Saturday afternoon, Evie and I went swimming at my friend Becca's apartment complex with Becca and her boyfriend Fisher. They're both wild about kids and have played with Evie before and they were very excited we were coming over. Evie sat down on the edge of the pool and Fisher, who was already in the pool, tried to coax her to come in. She said no. Becca got in and asked her if she wanted to come in, but no. I got in and said, "Come on, Evie, let's get in." And she said no. She just sat on the side of the pool. I had forgotten to bring her floaties or life jacket, but I reached out and picked her up and brought her in the pool with me. She said, "No, Mama! I wanna go back there." So I set her back up on the edge of the pool. Not two minutes later, with all 3 of us watching her, she scooted herself right off the edge and straight into the pool. It took us a split second to react because it was so sudden and Fisher, who was closest to her, pulled her out, but Evie had a face full of water. She was really good about it, didn't cry or anything, just seemed surprised that she didn't stay above the water. She was good about holding onto someone after that. Reminds me of when we went to the ocean last year and she dove right in. Guess next summer we'll be adding swimming lessons to the rotation of activities.



No comments:
Post a Comment