- At Granna's, we need to leave to go home for bed. I ask Evie if she wants to put her shoes on. Her reply is, "No, I gonna go with my feet." Meaning barefoot.
- On a drive in the mid morning, the sun was shining in her eyes. She turned her head and buried her face in her carseat. I said, "What are you doing?" "Putting not sun in my eyes."
- Applying sunscreen before school one day: "I need two sun screams."
- Playing with my old My Little Ponies at Granna's house, some of which have unicorn horns: "Look! It's the last unicorn. Oh, look, another last unicorn! And a baby last unicorn!!"
- Waking up from a bad dream one night, I ask her what's wrong. "I don't have a bouncy ball."
- I hit my hand on the door of the car and said ouch. She said, "What's wrong, Mama?" I told her. She said what I say to her when she brings up that Addie bonked her on the head: "Mama, that happened a long time ago."
- Yesterday getting ready for church, I was brushing her hair, apparently too much for her linking. "Mama, stop!" "Evie, I need to do this and you don't tell me to stop, I'm your mother." Evie: "You're not my mother." Me: "Who is your mother then?" Evie: "Granna." Me: "You want Granna to be your Mama?" Evie: "No. I want Granna to be my Granna."
- Today, driving home from school, Evie had her fingers in her ears. She's had some congestion so I asked if her ears were hurting. She said no so I asked her why she was holding them. She said, "Cause I don't want a spider in it."
On Saturday we went on a hike with some friends of mine from grad school. Evie really enjoyed tromping through the woods and showed remarkable balance on some of the hiking trails. She wanted to go out on the lake in a boat but by that time it was getting really sunny and close to nap time.
Evie went for her 3 year check up on Friday. She weighs 34 lbs and is 3'2" tall. Pretty much in the 75th percentile for both. No shots, fortunately, though she did get a thumb prick because they had to check her blood levels which were all fine.
Evie and I are without Seth again for at least another week. He's visiting family in Oregon and we're not sure when he'll be back yet. I am glad he's getting to go be where he feels like he needs to be, but we sure miss him here. Evie has said many times over the week that she misses her Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment