Evie and I have been able to spend a lot more time together this week because I haven't had quite as many demands on my schedule and because of our our Holy Week events.
Last Friday my friends from grad school, Evie, and I all met to spend the day at the park. She really enjoyed all of the slides and swings they had, and she showed absolutely no fear in doing any of the activities. She wanted to go down the two story slide, but I refused to let her climb the ladder up to it. That didn't stop her from going down this massive slide. That's Evie sliding with my friend Becca and her boyfriend Jonathan. You could easily fit three adults on this slide and it's pretty tall. Our girl is so brave!
On Saturday night, we went to church to have dinner and make palm crosses in preparation for Palm Sunday. Evie played in the nursery for a bit, but she wanted to come and help put the crosses together so I sat her in my lap and she, Cristal, and I cranked out quite a number of crosses.
Evie and Grannadaddy with Grannadaddy's extra large cross (not shown) and Evie's little one
Sunday morning Evie got to process with the other kids, waving a palm cross. I had a little teary-eyed mommy moment. Something about watching my child participate in the ritual of the church just gets me.
On Sunday night, Evie and I decorated eggs. I made a couple dozen hard boiled eggs and we watched the coloring tablets dissolve in the vinegar. She enjoyed watching the water turn colors and quickly caught on to dropping the eggs in the liquid and pulling them back out to see all the colors. She dyed all 24!
We were also at church last night and tonight. Thursday Evie was willing to go into the nursery during the church service, but only after she stood in the choir room and sang with me. Tonight she did not want to separate though and she did amazingly well sitting through a long service that gets slowly darker as the candles are extinguished. I am so proud of her, and so glad we are getting more time together this week.








No comments:
Post a Comment