Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter!

The highlight of our week was the weekend - as it almost always is - but this one was especially nice because Uncle Ryan, Aunt Aimee, Addie and Will were in town AND it was Easter AND it was Will's birthday so there was a lot of family gathering going on.  Saturday morning Evie and I went over to Granna and Grannadaddy's and the kids had a blast playing together before we left for the egg hunt at church.

Coloring together before the hunt began

On the hunt

Evie and Will were in the same age group this year and Will was such a nice cousin.  He kept saying, "Evie, I see an egg over here!" and letting her get them.

Then they abandoned their eggs in favor of a merry go round.

We ate lunch at the church and then headed back to Granna and Grannadaddy's.  I thought Evie might get a nap, but she was too wound up so she just played with her cousins to hear heart's content before we left for dinner at my cousin Daniel's house.  Of course, on the way there, Evie fell asleep and stayed asleep for about an hour after we got there (same thing happened last year).  But once she woke up, she was all about playing with her cousins and their second cousins, Daniel's daughters.  They all had my help climbing up into my cousin Ben's hammock and they enjoyed swinging in it.

My mom's parents have 7 great-grands with one more on the way.  Here are 5 of them: Naomi, Evie, Addie, Nyla, Will (baby Natalie was too young to get in on the action this year, and Jasper is in Alabama)

Girlz rule!

Evie went home with Granna while Uncle Ryan, Grannadaddy and I went to the Easter vigil at Grace-St. Luke's.  Granna reported to me:

In the car Evie was disappointed when she saw it was me driving.

I want my Mama.  Can't sleep.  I want my Mama to put me sleep. 

I told her you would. And she was fine. 

She played really well considering how tired everyone was. She enjoyed her bath in my tub.

When I got to Granna's to pick Evie up, she was, incredibly, still awake (Evie, I mean. Though it's incredible that Granna was still awake too after staying up late the night before and getting up early Saturday morning and running with the kids all day!)  I took her home and she konked out.

Sunday morning, we got dressed in our Easter outfits and headed to Granna's.  I had looked in the photo albums mom kept for me of my childhood and I saw that the dress I wore the Easter I was two (April 7, 1985) was one that Mom had saved and given to me for Evie.  So of course Evie wore it for her two-year-old Easter (April 5, 2015).



Me on the left, Evie on the right

At church, Evie did not want to separate from me again, so I sat with her in the congregation and snuck up into the choir loft for our anthem.  She really appreciated her Mama time and did remarkably well.  Then we had lunch and another egg hunt.  Because you can't have too many plastic eggs filled with candy!
She had her game face on.

This time she and Addie had the play break.

Riding horses together.  I couldn't decide which picture I liked best.




We had a beautiful, wonderful Easter with the family.


The rest of the week has pretty much been business as usual outside of a visit last night from Grammy and Aunt Madi.  I can't believe I forgot to get any pictures!  Evie had a great time playing with KlipKlop horses and letters with Grammy.  Grammy read her a cute book, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, and even chased her around the house, at Evie's request.  We enjoyed catching up, even if it was a short visit.

Tonight, Evie stayed with Aunt Kathy for a couple of hours while Seth and I shopped for a replacement refrigerator (our freezer stopped working properly) and dishwasher (something that can hold more than one plate and doesn't melt all of our plasticware).  Evie had a great time there and said she wanted to stay when we came to take her home.  She fell asleep in the car on the way home, but after I got her pjs on she informed me that she was ready to go back to Kathy's.  What a lucky girl to have so many people who love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment