At bedtime, she likes to have two blankets. One gets wrapped around her almost completely so that her feet are completely encased. The other she likes draped across her whole body, including her head. She'll specifically say, "I want hiding." She'll also request that you "hide" her babies and animals that she has in the bed. Currently her bedmates are: an entire family of bath toy frogs (Seth drew a mustache on one of the two big frogs so that it's a Daddy frog), two glowworms (which must both be pushed so that they both play even though they are not in sync), her twin Bitty Babies (the boy wears no clothes and the girl must be entirely clothed, including shoes), two stuffed dogs (mine from when I was a baby), and Lady and the Tramp.
One day this week when I got Evie up for school, my hair was still wet from my shower. Evie gave me a hug and then pulled back and said, "Oh! Too wet hair."
She has also informed me after rolling around on the dog bed with the dogs that she is, "too dog fur".
One night this week, she had a bad dream. She was crying for me in the middle of the night, and I went in to see her. I said, "What's wrong, baby?" "Daddy took my horse." (No such thing had happened during the day - I guess dream Daddy was being mean.)
When Granna was helping to put her in the car after church this afternoon, Evie noticed Granna had a small scape on her forehead. Clearly recalling how she herself had received a similar injury, Evie asked, "You falled off the couch?" Granna said, "No, I didn't fall off the couch." Remembering other injury scenarios, Evie asked, "Herbie did it?" Granna, "No." Evie, "Edgar did it?" Granna, "No, and not ChuuChu either." Evie, ".......Grannadaddy did it?" I could hardly breathe I was laughing so hard.
Speaking of memory, as always I am amazed. We went to dinner at Mellow Mushroom, a pizza place not too far from our house. The last time we went there was with Tia during Christmas break. We pulled into the parking lot (the parking lot! Not even inside the restaurant!) and Evie said, "Where Tia go?" Amazing....
On Monday of this week Evie's school was closed but the university was not, so Seth and I were once again dependent on and grateful for the generosity of my parents and their willingness to watch Evie. We received troubling news on Tuesday though, because Evie's teacher, Miss Pam, decided to leave with no notice. I understand from Pam's point of view the decision to get out of what seems to have been a frustrating situation - she did not feel that she had enough support from the administration - but I hate it for Evie. Evie loved Miss Pam. All the kids did. She asked for the rest of the week if she was going to see Miss Pam and it's hard to explain that Miss Pam is okay but is not coming back. Evie seems to be taking it in stride, though.
I love that we have added a new step to Evie's bedtime routine. It has been the case that Daddy takes her to brush teeth, go potty, and put on pjs and then he's done and I read Evie a book and rock her to sleep. But starting this week, we added between Daddy getting her ready and me reading her a book, Evie and Daddy do puzzles together. I love that they now have a nice calming interactive learning time before bed.
Some pictures from this week:
Celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday at school - they read a book every day and did an art project. This day was Horton Hears a Hoo.
Kissy face with Daddy
Seth's face says it all.
Hugs!




Evie makes me smile when she comes running to me to be picked up and says, "My Granna." It melts my heart! Grannadaddy told me the other night that last week when he picked her up on Tuesday, one of the little boys ran toward them. She held up her hand with the "stop" sign and said, "No, my Grannadaddy." She wanted no one else leaving with them!
ReplyDelete