Sunday, February 8, 2015

Little Ham

Welp, I'm raising a little ham.  Not that that would come as a surprise, probably, to anyone who knew me in my growing up years.  I was very theatrical, schmaltzy even, and I think Evie's not falling too far from the tree.  She has a knack for knowing when to turn on the tears and just how much, when to giggle or give a sideways glance.  She's constantly making me catch my smile so that she doesn't get too encouraged by her own antics.

One of the things she's started doing lately is blowing through her lips like a horse if she doesn't like what you're doing or saying to her.  If we are eating dinner and Seth says something to me, Evie will turn to him and say, "That's. MY. Mama. Daddy." (pause) *horse noise*.  It's all I can do not to crack a smile.  She's also a great little poser:






 I couldn't pick just one.

Evie got her first real haircut this week.  She's had her bangs cut several times, but never the back of her hair.  Seth was afraid it would cut the curls out (and I'm afraid he may have been right because it doesn't quite curl up the same way that it did pre-cut, but I think it has more to do with the winter weather being static-y).  Evie enjoyed the experience and even got to sit in the chair all by herself.  She told me proudly afterwards that Ms. Jo brushed and cut her hair.


After my guilt trip I gave myself earlier this week, I made extra effort to spend as much time as possible playing with Evie in the evenings rather than sitting down to study or do some work.  As much as I have going on in my head that needs to get done, I recognize that it's more important spend some quality time with my girl - books and computers can wait until later.  Evie, however, must want me to be very studious because one night this week she grabbed one of my school books and brought it over to help me "study".


 
There's no doubt that she's a little sweetheart.  She has been so affectionate lately, particularly to Daddy.  She spent several minutes the other night giving him kisses.  My heart just melts.


No comments:

Post a Comment