Sunday, September 7, 2014

ABCD Evie G

Well, I couldn't seem to get this blog post written until this morning.  We have had a very busy week and weekend.  Evie's was pretty typical, though.  She is doing really well in daycare.  In fact when I went to pick her up on Monday she was in the 6-seat, 3-tiered stroller.  Her seatmate was the other Evie (eh-vee) and they were very much enjoying each other.  After I got Evie out of the stroller she went to get her lunch bag (which is a Minnie Mouse bag, though she calls it Mickey Mouse... well, really she says Mittee Mouse), and she also got Evie's lunch bag and said, "C'mon, Evie!" as though we were bringing both Evie and Evie home.  They're good friends, I think.

On Wednesdays, Evie and I have the evening to ourselves because Seth has class late.  This Wednesday we ran a quick errand to a grocery store because we were out of milk.  The closest store to our house is one that my mom used to go to when we lived here when I was a child, and I remember going shopping with her there often.  It's now a cash-saver place (actually it's even called Cash Saver) so it's not as clean and nice as it was when I was a kid, but when all you need is a gallon of milk, it'll do.  Now, usually when we got to the store Evie rides down in the large part of the shopping basket, unless I'm doing a big grocery run and then I get the kind that has a car for her to sit in and pretend to steer.  But this grocery store.... I'm fairly certain that they use the same shopping baskets that were at that store when I was a kid.  They are the old kind where the basket is very shallow and flips up and therefore there's lots of room underneath, which is where I used to ride when I was a kid.  So Evie got a chance to ride under the basket, which she certainly couldn't do in any modern style basket.  She loved it!



As mentioned last week, Evie has been singing the ABC song lately.  Only this week did I notice that she is actually singing, "A, B, C, D, Evie's G".  So cute!

My other favorite thing she said this week was when we were pretending to call each other.  She held up a remote control and said, "Hello, Evie's Mommy".  This is what they do at school when she is upset and missing me, I guess.  We pretended to talk to each other for a while and then I said, "Love you, bye!"  Evie replied "Evie loves you too!"  It made my heart proud.

Last night we were able to reap the benefits of being in Memphis by going over to Granna and Grannadaddy's house and visiting with them, Grandma Jeanne, Kathy, Rickie, and Tia.  Evie had a blast playing with everyone.  We're so glad to be here to be able to have nights like that!


No comments:

Post a Comment