Getting ready to leave from Granna and Grannadaddy's house, Evie liked looking at Granna's tiger necklace.
Oh! Evie has a Tiger too!
And there's another Tiger!
The closest I could get to a full body shot of her cheerleading outfit
Go, Tigers!
We enjoyed the game and Evie did really great. We left at the end of the third quarter and Evie walked all the way back too. That's a lot of walking for someone with such little legs!
Wednesday night we went over to visit with my Aunt Jane's family. She's
actually my great-aunt (my grandfather Mouse's twin sister) and several
of her family members were in from California. Also my second cousin
Julia's girls were there. Audrey is four and Elise is two and Evie
enjoyed running around the house with them and everyone else.
On our way to daycare some mornings and any time we go to Granna and Grannadaddy's house, I take some neighborhood streets that have speedhumps on them. Evie loves going over them, and I admit I don't really reduce my speed much (though I'm not speeding - I'm still going 25) so they are quite fun for someone riding in the backseat. She enjoys saying, "weeeee!" as we go over them. About 3 weeks ago I started counting down until the next "weeeee" as we call them now. I'll saying, "One..... Two......" and then we'll go over one and Evie will say, "weeeeee!" Last week I showed her the yellow diamond-shaped sign indicating a speed bump would be coming up and I told her she could count once she started see the yellow sign. I only told her this once or twice on the drive, but she got it and started asking for "more yellow sign." But that was just one day last week. This week, even though we hadn't gone that route for a few days, as soon as we started down that side street, Evie said, "more yellow sign?" I still can't believe how good this kid's memory is!
I have been very touched this week by the father-daughter relationship that Seth and Evie have. I still put her to bed most nights, but one night this week, I don't know if Evie didn't feel good or had a bad dream or what, but she woke up twice after I put her to bed. I took care of getting her back down the first time, but I asked Seth to take care of putting her down the second time since we were both still up studying and I had an assignment at work that I just couldn't stop doing mid-way through. He went in there for about 10 minutes and came out and she was all quiet. I asked him, how'd you do that? He said he held her in the glider for a while and then he told her he needed her help putting Mama and Baby Frog to bed (you might remember that Mama Frog made her appearance about a month ago as a security animal), and he asked her if she would help him. She said, "uh huh" and he talked through giving Mama and Baby Frog hugs and tucking them into the blanket with her so they wouldn't get cold and turning on the glowworm so they would have music and that was that. Then yesterday, Seth was sitting on the couch and Evie crawled up there with him. He was wearing a hat and she made up a game that she would take his hat off his head, then give him a kiss, then put his hat back on. No coaching needed, she just came up with this sweet thing all by herself. I love those moments with her.
One more picture to share: my happy girl yesterday as we took something back to Target and stopped at their Starbucks for chocolate milk and pumpkin bread.


No comments:
Post a Comment