She didn't really sleep for the rest of the drive and was so ready to get out of the car once we got to Kristy's house. She smiled big at my uncle Charlie when he came out to help us unload and then when straight to my aunt Kristy when she came to the car. Considering that we don't see each other that often, I found that pretty impressive.
She explored the house for a while, looking at all the new toys, and then of course she wanted dinner. So she had a banana and some other little snacks and we finally put her to bed around 1 am ET, which is midnight to us. That may be the latest she's been up since she started sleeping through the night. She loved looking at all the new things and just didn't want to wind down!
Saturday morning she slept until 10 am and the rest of the family was gone to my cousin's football games, so we had breakfast and played until they got back. Then Evie had a blast with her cousins! Lydia, who will be 4 in December, was very much looking forward to having Evie to play with and she was such a good hostess, showing Evie where all the fun toys were and how they worked. She brought her lots of stuffed animals, which Evie is very interested in these days, and they played together with the play kitchen. Cousin Aiden who is 7 was also happy to share toys and tickle Evie, and Zach, 11, showed off his older brother experience by playing with Evie in a very Evie-centric manner. She was pretty taken with all of them.
Evie and Aiden
Chef Lydia and Sous Chef Evie
Sharing a moment.
Zach and Evie
One of the funniest moments from my perspective was when we went to lunch on Saturday, just the girls. Evie was not really interested in eating (again) and refused to take most of what I offered her. At one point I asked Lydia if she would try feeding Evie a bite. Of course, Evie happily ate from Lydia's hand.
The rest of the week has been business as usual: daycare, meals, baths, and bedtimes. The only new thing is that Evie seems to have given up her evening nap, which actually works out much better for us as a family. Seth gets to see her more since he's already out the door by the time she's up and she used to nap until after we'd already had dinner and he was about an hour away from going to bed himself. She now goes to bed at 8pm which gives us some time to unwind before bed.
Well, I say that's the only new thing, but another new and big deal is that Evie is now an older cousin. Aunt Sydney and Uncle John welcomed Beverly Eva on Monday the 14th, making two grandchildren for Grammy (Seth's mom). We have only seen pictures and probably won't be seeing Beverly in person for a few months since a) we wouldn't want to bring all our germs to an unvaccinated newborn and b) we'd have to make another trip to Atlanta. But we're hoping to meet her soon.
I have to thank my mom and aunt Kristy for the pictures. I seem to have misplaced our digital camera so I'm relying on my cell phone and others for pictures. I know I had it the weekend Evie had hoof & mouth disease, but where it went after that I don't know... I've turned the house upside down looking for it and no luck. So I guess if it doesn't turn up soon, we'll be in the market for a new camera. Normally I wouldn't consider it a big deal, but we've got some major holidays coming up and I don't want to miss out on capturing those moments.

No comments:
Post a Comment