Evie continues to be really happy with her choice to quit ballet. I've seen her seem much more confident, calm, able to handle school better... I think there was a lot of anxiety wrapped up in ballet from which she is now finding freedom. I mentioned this to Seth and he suggested we should have made her quit a while ago. But I think it's better that this decision came from her. It gave her power of choice.
I was very proud of her last week for her stance on a situation at school. They had been taking some diagnostic tests and as an incentive, if you scored a certain level of improvement since your previous diagnostic, you could be out of uniform the next day. Well, Evie did score high enough, and took advantage of the incentive on the first day, but on the second day she came out for school wearing uniform clothes. I asked her why and she said she had thought about it, and it's not really fair for people to be able to so easily identify kids who did well vs. kids who didn't, so she didn't care to participate. I thought that was very mature.
No comments:
Post a Comment