This week I have been visiting Annalisa in North Carolina, so I missed the big snow that Evie got to experience this week. She has enjoyed the last few days out of school and will be off tomorrow too. She actually spent a couple of nights snowed in with Kathy, Rickie, and Tia, so she had a great time playing in the snow over there, and requesting Rickie to cut holes in cardboard boxes to create interesting hiding spots for the cats, and playing games with Tia.
Before I left for North Carolina, we had a hilarious dinner at Kathy and Rickie's house, where Evie decided to be the trivia quiz master and gave us categories to choose from that were in her wheelhouse - I can't remember them all, but I do remember Animals and History. She asked what she thought was an easy question which was something along the lines of, what is the prey of the following animals: wolves, eagles, bears, something and something else (she obviously did name specific animals, I just can't recall them right now). Well we kept making bad (though earnest) guesses and she said in a very pre-teen voice things like, "I'm thoroughly disappointed" because she knows she had told at least some of us this fact in the past. She started playfully tapping us on the head when we guessed wrong and explaining to us why our answers were wrong. Her responses were just so witty and her timing and facial expressions were just hilarious. We had a really great time being entertained by her.
Unfortunately, she ended the night wiping out with a hard fall onto her tailbone. Her pants were slightly long and the fabric got caught under her foot and she came down hard. We were concerned she had possibly broken something, but after a few days, it seems to have just been a bad bruise.

I am a day early in this blog chronology, but I don't want to forget what Evie said last night, the Tuesday after returning to school. She had her usual supper at our house: ham, lima beans, and mac and cheese and ate every bite. Then she asked, "Granna, can I have a Granna-special, made by the Granna of specialties?" What a sweet phrase!
ReplyDelete