I have quite a bit to catch up on! Since I didn't do a pre-birthday entry, let me start with the weekend before Evie's birthday. On Friday, we went to my cousin Daniel's house as they hosted Granna's side of the family for a gathering while Kristy and family were in town. It was great to catch up with everyone, and Evie had a great time playing with the cousins. In fact, the girls pretty much disappeared to the outdoors and upstairs so I have no idea what all they got up to.
Lydia, Evie, Naomi, and Natalie
Saturday afternoon, we had Evie's birthday party. Her choice this year was to have a smaller group in order to do an escape room, so we had Sasha, Allyson, and Eden. Tia was still in town so she came to help me chaperon since Seth wasn't feeling well. We did the "Jester's Revenge" escape room, with several minutes to spare. I was impressed at each girl's niche. Evie, like her father, was able to immediately figure out some of the word puzzles.
Eden, Sasha, Evie, and Allyson
Afterwards we went to TCBY for frozen yogurt, then to Flipside which is a pinball bar. Tia and I got to sit and chat while the girls ran around to the pinball machines, darts, and air hockey. They had a blast, and I was glad that they were at an age where they didn't require constant chaperoning. They got along exceptionally well - I expected no less because they're all very kind kids.
TCBY
Pinball
The first of 4 air hockey matches
After the activities, Evie opened her gifts in the back of the car. Each girl gave her something really thoughtful, and I have to highlight Allyson's card, because she wrote to Evie about how creative and kind she is (truth!).
I think it was an excellent birthday celebration for an 11-year-old.
Monday, we went to the zoo with the Smiths and Tia. Evie spent a lot of time being "big sister" to Lydia. I didn't get enough pictures, but I did get one of Lydia, Evie, and Tia walking out of the hippo exhibit.
Appropriately, she was given a horse (she's was at horse camp during the week). This was similar, if not identical, to the one she had found in Florida that had been loaned to Addie. She'd inquired about having that one, but that wasn't an option, so Granna, in her magicalness, found one Evie could have.
Evie asked for a moon and stars cake
By Saturday I'd tested negative for COVID several times so I felt like I was safe to go to a movie with Cristaldawn, Nathaniel, and Lydia. They'd been wanting us to go see the new live-action Little Mermaid movie. Again, Evie played big sister and entertained Lydia while we were waiting for Cristal to get concessions.
A quick pic of Evie with Siouxsie before we left to drop her off at cap.
This week, she's at Pinecrest with her best friend Eden (in the same cabin). I haven't been able to see any pictures of her on Facebook this time, but I'm sure she's having a wonderful time. She was totally ready for us to leave when we dropped her off - becoming so independent.

















No comments:
Post a Comment