Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Back Home from Camp

 I got my girl back home from Pinecrest!  I didn't mention last week that it was my first birthday to be away from her since she was born.  I tried not to think too much about it, and my parents had us over for a delicious meal, so that distracted me, but since we're kinda birthday buddies, I did think about her a lot on the day.  Fortunately, on Friday, I got to pick her up from camp and hear all about her experiences.

She had a great time, did a lot of different activities, sprained her ankle on a night hike, won the "Peas in a Pod" award with Eden, and made a lot of new friends.  I missed my girl!


This week she is doing Ninja Warrior camp at the JCC, so she is swimming twice a day in addition to doing obstacle courses.  She is only inside about 45 minutes a day, so she is getting quite tan! 

Her nemesis from school is also there, but in a different group and they don't interact, fortunately.  She said she noticed him but decided to completely ignore him and that seems to have worked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment