What a week! Evie had her final demo for Level 2 ballet. She was promoted to Level 3 which is a pretty big jump in skill, so she'll have a new set of classmates and new challenges in the fall. I am very impressed with what a big change I've seen in her skills from last year to this year. When they were doing their demo Tuesday, I could see the lower Level 2s looking to Evie and the other 3 upper Level 2s for guidance; I remember Evie doing the same thing last year. Her confidence and self-assured poise in completing her floor exercises is remarkably increased.
On Thursday after Seth got off work, we attended Evie's tap dance demo, and then headed out of town for our last visit in Florida with Ryan and family before they move. We made it to Chuy's with about 30 minutes to spare before they closed, so we enjoyed our favorite Mexican restaurant, and then spent the night at a truly terrible hotel outside of Montgomery. I have yet to stay at a hotel in Alabama that didn't give me the heebeejeebees.
We got up early on Friday and drove the rest of the way to Destin. We spent the weekend enjoying ourselves, visiting, playing games, beating an escape room, going to the beach and the pool, and soaking up as much family time as we could before it becomes significantly harder to get. Ryan and family are moving to England and while I'm glad for them, I'm sad for us with how difficult it will be to have cousin time now.
Evie enjoyed the beach immensely on this trip, to the point that she said she wants to move there when she is grown up. I asked her what if Desmond didn't want to live at the beach. She said, "He might have to find some coping mechanisms."






No comments:
Post a Comment