This week has been super duper busy! Monday and Wednesday, Evie had her usual theatre rehearsal for their production of 101 Dalmatians and Wednesday was the dress rehearsal, so there was some extra pressure there. Tuesday, she had ballet rehearsal as usual. And then Thursday and Friday night, we were at the gorgeous Cannon Center where Evie's company's production of The Nutcracker is being held this year, for tech and dress rehearsals. I went Thursday afternoon to help with load in and it was like reliving my stage managing days. I worked on The Nutcracker all 3 years I was earning my Masters at UCI, so it brought back a lot of memories.
Evie's level as 17(!) girls in it, and the parents and I are all amazed at the sweet sisterhood this particular group of girls has. They are all so supportive of each other and have a cute community going. Evie will continue with this group until May and then she'll presumably move to Lower Level 3, so she'll be leaving 12 of these girls behind.
Evie, 2nd from the right, nose in a book, during tech rehearsal
The painted pointe shoe she chose as her souvenir this year
My gorgeous harp fairy
Saturday, we finished decorating the house and put up our tree. Beau is still in his cone with pins in, still healing from his broken leg, but we let him out while we decorated the tree.
Taking advantage of a cone break
Today was the day of the show. We did Evie's hair and make up before we went to church because she had to be there by 12:40 and church lets out at noon, so there was no time between.
I finally got her bun to be flat on her head!
Backstage in her angel costume. I didn't get a chance to take one in her sheep costume, but it was ABSOLUTELY adorable
I really enjoyed the production, even more so this year than in previous years. Maybe because the choreography was impressive and well executed. Maybe because I understand the ballet better every time I watch it. Maybe because I have more appreciation for how difficult it is to just get off the floor, let alone do fouettes. Maybe because I'm just grateful to be back in a theater after more than a year of sheltering from COVID. Whatever the reason(s), I had a really great time watching everyone dance. I personally think Evie stole the show.
Greeted by her adoring public afterwards
Afterwards, we all went to dinner at Huey's, Evie's favorite restaurant, to celebrate how marvelous she was. It's hard to believe this is her 5th year doing
Nutcracker already. What a pro!
A look at Nutcrackers past:
No comments:
Post a Comment