We left last Friday for a weekend getaway to North Carolina where Addie wanted to spend her 13th birthday. Sadly, Seth did not have the time off, so it was just me and Evie in our car. We left about 7 am and met up with Granna and Grannadaddy in Knoxville for our first meal at a restaurant (on the patio) since March 12, 2020 - over a year since I've had table service! It was amazing, of course, because it was Chuy's.
Loaded up and headed out
On the way, we played I spy and the alphabet game, and listed to Evie's favorite podcast "Story Pirates". She also played some on her iPad. I wanted to find a sign for Evie to pose in front of at the North Carolina border (her newest and 28th state), but the only sign I saw was in a curve on the interstate so I didn't feel like that was safe. We arrived at the AirBnB house about 5, maybe, I don't remember exactly, and made ourselves at home. Evie discovered the fireplace.
Ryan and family arrived late that night and it took an hour or so before the kids were ready to settle into bed. The next day was Addie's birthday. Aimee made fruit pizza with a 13 on it for breakfast which is their tradition and also delicious!
Later, Ryan and Aimee set up the scavenger hunt for Addie to find her presents. They have a tradition of leaving clues around for their kids to solve that leads them to a pile of presents. It was fun to watch her solve the clues.
Then we settled in to watch her open presents and later we had barbecue for dinner and then cake.
The kids spent a fair bit of time playing ipads together - however that works.
Sunday we hung around the cabin and enjoyed playing games and chatting. Monday, we had breakfast together and then left about 10 am. We stopped at Chuy's again at Evie's request and then got home about 6 pm (we gained an hour on the way back).
We have been playing a lot of table top games this week, including Phase 10 and watching Evie play that card game is hilarious. She could never play poker because her face gives away everything.















No comments:
Post a Comment