We have finally been sent a copy of Evie's performance for the playwrighting class she took in the fall, so if you would like to see her in a video performance of a play she helped to write, here it is.
Last Sunday, we enjoyed a lazy morning and also played some board games.
Here is Evie playing as Mr. X in Scotland Yard which is a game I used to play a lot as a kid. She did pretty well!
This week was back to school and work for all of us and I'm afraid Evie took that pretty hard. She woke up crying on Monday saying how she did not want to go to school. I asked her if it was just because it was virtual school and she said no, she wouldn't have wanted to go in person either... But she made it through the day and had a good time, in part because it was a CLUE day so she got to have some time doing things that are a bit more challenging and fun in that class (they work on logic problems, brain teasers, creative writing/projects).
The good news on Monday was that Siouxsie is finally released from her mycoplasma episode. Thank goodness!
Monday night, we put together the angel chimes which was another something from my childhood that was new to Evie. She was fascinated by how the fire would make the angels turn.
On Wednesday morning, Evie had her first try (as far as I know) at making scrambled eggs.
And on Friday, we saw some flurries, so I made her the obligatory hot chocolate - that's one of the rules in our house is that if there is a snow sighting, there should be hot chocolate.
Thursday marked 300 days since Evie has been in a physical classroom with other kids. While I wouldn't have it any other way because it's not worth the risk of her getting COVID, I'm sad that she's had to spend so much time without the company of other kids. We've done a few outdoor playdates, but it's nothing like seeing 19 other kids 5 days a week, or more when you think of the extra curricular activities she's used to doing. I know we are coming towards the end of the pandemic, or at least are into the second half, since we have the vaccine for adults now, but I'm not sure how long it will be until her school will open, or if I'll even be comfortable sending her when it is...
I have been very touched this week by Evie's new habit of humming. She will start humming hymns - I wish I could remember the first one she was humming, but I do remember one from a couple of days ago was "Come Thou Fount". It reminds me of Memmaw because I remember her humming/singing hymns around the house. And I love to hear Evie's little voice any time.







Great job on your play, Evie! It was very detailed and took twists I didn't expect. Your evil laugh is amazing at suggesting more is on the way.
ReplyDelete