Friday, July 12, 2019

Nashville

For the last year, Evie has been asking to go to Nashville so she can "see the place where [she] was born."  So we finally did that this past weekend.  We left Friday afternoon and drove to the Chuy's at Opry Mills, had a delicious dinner, then checked into our hotel and watched The Incredibles 2 on Seth's new phone projector mod and fell asleep.


Saturday we had breakfast at the hotel and then went swimming.  We knew this was going to be a kind of laidback trip, very different from most of the trips where we are going and doing as much as we can, so we took our time in the pool and then headed out to Mt. Juliet to see our old house.  I think because Seth and I talk so much about how our house in Nashville was twice the size of our current house, Evie thought she used to live in a palace or something, because she looked at it and said, "It's kind of small."  We then drove by her old preschool and I asked her if she wanted to see any other places we used to go or drive by the elementary school where she would be going if we had stayed there, but I think she was underwhelmed enough by the house that she didn't really feel like her origin story had as much importance anymore.  So we drove to Charlie Daniels Park and played for a while before having lunch at McNamara's, our favorite Irish pub.



Then we headed to the Science Museum which Evie thoroughly enjoyed.  They had lots of exhibits about the body, space, music, etc. and it was all hands-on.  She especially enjoyed her "trip on the moon" where she got to experience moon-like gravity.

Doctor in training

Seth and Evie were having a mind-calming contest.  Supposedly the ball in the middle of this track would go towards the person who was the calmest.


Moon walking

Then we drove back to Opry Mills and had dinner at Rainforest Cafe.



Sunday we swam for a while, until we had to check out of the hotel, and then went to a different Chuy's for lunch, then a park where Evie played with lots of different kids while Seth and I chatted about all things Disney with another couple who also happened to be from Memphis and go to Disney World every year.

Swimming

Sunday was also our 12th wedding anniversary so on the way home, we stopped by the church in Somerville where we got married and Evie took our pictures.  The sun was blinding, but Evie was a good sport about it, and so were we.



This week, she has been doing gymnastics camp and I'm pretty sure her gymnastics days are over.  She is not as interested in doing all the flips and high beam and such, and I'm honestly very okay with that. 

Earlier this week, we were eating breakfast and she just looked at me and said, "Mama, you'e the best mom I could ever have."  Of course, that got me a little weepy and then she said, "Am I making you all teary eyed?"  I have the sweetest kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment